The Bahá’í Faith is one of the youngest of the world’s independent religions. It is able to trace its origins back to Iran in 1844. The Bahá’i Community today numbers some five million members resident in 189 independent countries and 46 territories. It embraces people from most of the planet’s races, creeds and cultures, including over 2,100 different ethnic groupings.
The Faith’s founder, Bahá’u’lláh (1817-1892), is regarded by Bahá’ís as the most recent in the line of Messengers of God that stretches back beyond recorded time and includes Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Christ and Muhammad.
- All humanity is one family
- Women and men are equal
- All prejudice – racial, religious, national, economic – is destructive and must be overcome
- We must investigate truth for ourselves, without preconceptions
- Science and religion are in harmony
- Our economic problems are linked to spiritual problems
- The family and its unity are very important
- There is one God
- All major religions come from God
- World peace is the crying need of our time
For more detailed and comprehensive information about the Faith, we invite you to visit http://www.bahai.org/